Friday, December 9, 2011

Let's Make a Gingerbread House !

John and Michelle called and asked if I could help them make a gingerbread house and I was thrilled to be a part of the project ! Being the overachiever I am I somehow convinced my friend Ann to take a journey to the Albanase Candy Company in Indiana to seek out the largest and freshest selection of Christmas and decorating candy in the area.They have a chocolate fountain that comes down from the ceiling that makes the room smell heavenly ! You can look through the window and watch the candy being made. This time of year Santa is around for kids to visit. They have a display of gingerbread houses to get the wheels turning on ideas to make your house. Next I visited the Home Economist in Clarendon Hills for sprinkles. They always have a fantastic selection of seasonal sprinkles and candy.

The kids arrived and after 2 recipes we were off !! Michelle and John patiently rolled out the dough and in the oven it went. John used his latent engineering skills to assemble the house with Michelle lending a steady hand to help the house dry. After decorating their images in gingerbread along with some future small family members ( smile !) they were ready for to assemble the display and decorate their house . I think they did a fantastic job !!!! I can't wait to do the same project in a few years with them and the help of their little gingerbread people!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment